Skip to main content

American as Apple Pie!

This Memorial Day Weekend was wonderful, and productive!  It was a great start to the summer ahead of us, and I hope that I keep this energy going for more then just a day or two!

Friday was spent working around the house, laundry, changing sheets, cleaning litter boxes, the normal weekly chores to take care of my litter.  I spent the evening working late, but got to come home to pizza with the family, yum!

Saturday I took it easy throughout the day, knowing that I had to work all evening (real work)... so I read a wonderful book that I was behind on, I took a few email surveys, and I caught up on my blog reading.  I even fit in a little freezer "cooking", I took an idea from Money Saving Mom and put some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the freezer.  This sounds a little crazy, but it is a great idea for my house because we usually do not have bread in the house, so now if I want a PB&J I can just grab it out of the freezer!  Then, after a LONG night at work I came home to my sweet husband, waiting with Ice Cream from my FAVORITE place in town <3.

Sunday we work up early, pulled weeds, weeds, and MORE weeds!  Then we went to the store because we had to fill in all the spots we had just weeded.  We ended up finding more projects around the house to work on instead, including putting in air conditioning, painting a butterfly, and having dinner with family!

Monday, Monday!  What a wonderful day.  We finished weeding, bought more plants, got everything planted, covered in gardening fabric, and mulch down.  I washed the floors (the old school way, hands and knees), did more laundry, washed dishes, read my book, dusted, worked on another area of weeding, planted some more, and then watered everything over and over again.  We finished the night with another great family dinner, and then snuggled in to watch TV until we fell asleep.



It was so amazing to spend so much time with my litter, and I loved every minute, but I was a little excited to go back to work today so I could relax a little.  And have my computer back!  I was trying to stay disconnected from the internet for 2 days, and stay connected to my family!

How did you spend your weekend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This blog was originally started to document different things that we were doing in order to move towards early retirement.  That was years ago before we decided to have our Sweet B.  We planned to work, travel a little, and budget so we could retire and spend the rest of our lives doing whatever we wanted....  Life had other plans, and we now have the best gift of our lives - along with all of the expenses that come with having a child, as well as the want to not work as much so we could spend more time with her. Even with these new diversions, the goal remains - Retire Early, and Enjoy Life.  We have seen so many friends and family that are working into their later years, or who have too little money to actually enjoy their retirement, and even worse - those that never made it to their later years with the chance to retire and relax. Every year we give ourselves a large goal - one that is just enough of out reach to make us stretch for it, but realistic eno...

Happy Mother's Day

This will be another fun holiday to celebrate, in quarantine. Luckily, things are starting to loosen up around our area so we are able to spend quality time with some of the family that we normally celebrate with, I was gifted a beautiful cart that we have had for close to 10 years sitting in our backyard.  My husband refurnished and repurposed it into a garden area for me so that I can enjoy my plants, without rabbits eating them, and without having to bend over to weed them and take care of them.  I also get the bonus of it having wheels, so when it decides that it is going to snow in the middle of May, I can just wheel it into the garage! This afternoon B decided to decorate the side of it with chalk, telling me how much she loves me, and that I am the best Mommy.  I planted tomatoes, mint, rosemary, kale and cucumbers.  Let's see how much of a green thumb I actually have! I was also given some lavender plants, as I have fell in love with lavender ove...

A Week of Golf

In 2017 my team was tasked with exciting job of catering to the LPGA Marathon Classic for their week long golf tournament here in town.  We had less then 4 months to prepare, and we had never done anything on such a large scale before.  It was both exhilarating and terrifying, especially for an Enneagram 6 like me.  We are loyal and committed, but our biggest needs are security, and we fear not having the support and guidance needed.  What a way to walk into a task like this.   I was suddenly tasked with finding organizations to fill close to 200 shifts for concession stands, as well as around 75 employees to help me make this event a reality.  It took a lot of time, planning, questions, stress, and a roller coaster of emotions, but we did it!  It was amazing the feeling that you have after you accomplish something like that. Since then we have continued to receive this job each July, and each year has gotten a little easier.  We have ha...