Skip to main content

Wonderful Weekends!

Being in the event business I rarely get full weekends off of work, but this weekend I had Saturday and Sunday to myself!  I even made it a point not to answer work phone calls, text messages, or read my work email!  What an empowering feeling to just RELAX!


On Saturday my day was spent with my in-laws celebrating my birthday and Mother's Day.  I got to read books with my nephew, and we all took naps during movie time on the couch!



After that we headed to a long time friend's house for an annual birthday bash!  We sat a talked, played Foosball, watched the Tigers game, and played with the cutest little girls who are growing up way to quickly in between our visits!


On Sunday morning I took this delicious tray of goodies over to my parent's house to have breakfast with mom and grandma and spend some quality time together....



After breakfast I spent the day hanging out with my kitties (Boogs was sleeping on the bed so he didn't make it in to the picture, but he still gave me lots of love throughout the day!)



We ended the day with dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's house surrounded by family, laughing, sharing stories, and hitting golf balls into the woods!

Really.... What could be better!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 Weeks Later....

I just realized that I fell off the face of the blog world 8 weeks ago!   I was finally starting to get back on track with organizing, cleaning, and work when I just forgot how to manage my time! Over the last weeks I have made so many memories, enjoyed so much time with family and friends, and traveled to Denver, Cub Lake, Cedar Point, and back home again!  I have celebrated my 4th Wedding Anniversary to the man of my dreams as well as my grandma's 80th Birthday!  I have welcomed a great nephew (Jerry) , an amazing 2nd cousin (Brock), and a beautiful little friend (Sirena) into the world!  And last, but not least, I have decided that I am perfectly at peace with my life, no matter what comes my way. Now that July is finally behind us and August is starting anew, so are my new hopes, dreams, and goals!  I will share them as they become closer to reality, and I have a plan of action on how to handle everything. For this month I am hoping to stop in at least once a day to upda

Where is this Going...

As you can see from previous posts... this blog is about nothing, and everything, all wrapped up into one website.   This started as a place to discuss the actions that my husband and I were taking to r educe our spending,  pay off debt, and try to retire at an early age.  At this time we had 3 cats, and a mountain of debt; home, cars, timeshare, student loans, and lots and lots of credit cards. Since then we have become parents to an amazing little girl, that deserves the world, and knows it.  She wants it all...and she wants it NOW!  (and yes, we listen to lots of Queen songs, I mean, who doesn't!??) We have been lucky enough to have steady jobs, and lots of opportunities over the years to work sides jobs for some additional income.  We followed Dave Ramsey for inspiration by listening to his radio show, reading the books, and listening to podcasts.  With all of this information we were able to pay off all of our debt, including our home, and live the life that we have dre

Giving Thanks, Day 13

Today I am thankful for trade shows and all of the fun stuff that vendors hand out to everyone for free! We had a trade show today for 55 companies in the area.  It was amazing all of the things that were handed out; movie passes, note pads, pens, hand sanitizer, etc.  The things that you can always use, but usually don't want to pay for. My favorite is always note pads.  I love all the different shapes and sizes, and it helps to give me the motivation to start new lists and gives me the goal to work all the way through the stack of paper, before getting bored or moving on to a new idea or set of projects. What kinds of things do you like to get for free?!