Skip to main content

Wonderful Weekends!

Being in the event business I rarely get full weekends off of work, but this weekend I had Saturday and Sunday to myself!  I even made it a point not to answer work phone calls, text messages, or read my work email!  What an empowering feeling to just RELAX!


On Saturday my day was spent with my in-laws celebrating my birthday and Mother's Day.  I got to read books with my nephew, and we all took naps during movie time on the couch!



After that we headed to a long time friend's house for an annual birthday bash!  We sat a talked, played Foosball, watched the Tigers game, and played with the cutest little girls who are growing up way to quickly in between our visits!


On Sunday morning I took this delicious tray of goodies over to my parent's house to have breakfast with mom and grandma and spend some quality time together....



After breakfast I spent the day hanging out with my kitties (Boogs was sleeping on the bed so he didn't make it in to the picture, but he still gave me lots of love throughout the day!)



We ended the day with dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's house surrounded by family, laughing, sharing stories, and hitting golf balls into the woods!

Really.... What could be better!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready for Autumn?!

When school starts, that means it's time for the routines to set in, new schedules and activities to begin, and best of all....the weather to cool off and Fall Fun can Begin! I love jeans, sweatshirts, boots, bonfires, apple cider, pumpkin patches, even football.  Give me anything and everything fall!  However, this heat wave does not pair well with warm doughnuts and apple cider - it just makes for bees and overheating.  The pumpkin patches aren't as fun because you don't have on jeans and boots and crisp weather to make it more fun.  The barns stink from the heat when you are trying to feed the cows and enjoy the animals around the farm. This weekend we are going to make our Fall Bucket List and wish for a little chill in a the air so we can enjoy this beautiful season of life we are given.   We will continue to make new goals, improve on our good habits, and find new ways to love each other to the fullest.
This blog was originally started to document different things that we were doing in order to move towards early retirement.  That was years ago before we decided to have our Sweet B.  We planned to work, travel a little, and budget so we could retire and spend the rest of our lives doing whatever we wanted....  Life had other plans, and we now have the best gift of our lives - along with all of the expenses that come with having a child, as well as the want to not work as much so we could spend more time with her. Even with these new diversions, the goal remains - Retire Early, and Enjoy Life.  We have seen so many friends and family that are working into their later years, or who have too little money to actually enjoy their retirement, and even worse - those that never made it to their later years with the chance to retire and relax. Every year we give ourselves a large goal - one that is just enough of out reach to make us stretch for it, but realistic eno...

Bicycles

Over the past couple of weeks I have been very interested in Bicycles. Not the ones you ride, even though I have been going on more bike rides then usual as well, but the  decorative bicycles.  I have picked out some that I like for decoration on my porch, I have found note cards that have cute bicycles on them, and then yesterday for my birthday I received a card with an adorable bicycle filled with flowers, followed by an online picture that I was tagged in that read "Life is a Beautiful Ride" I kept thinking about how interesting it was that this kept coming up in my life, and so this morning I googled what a bicycle symbolizes.   According to  We Know Your Dreams  " Seeing a bicycle is a hint that you will reach somewhere."  It is a symbols of moving, going forward, and heading towards your future.  To me this means that I should start planning for my future, and deciding what I want my next step to be.  I have been thinking abo...