Skip to main content

August Goals

I have always known, and frequently re-learn the fact that if I make goals and lists for myself, then I get so much more accomplished.  I have a plan for the day, and I do not spend as much time as I would just reading and watching TV.


I have been making it a priority to make myself a to-do list for the next day before I fall asleep at night.  This allows me to wake up knowing what I need to accomplish throughout the day.  I have found that without this guidance I waste so much time in the morning getting my day started, and deciding what I need to do first, or even what I need to do at all.


I have been slacking off the last couple of weeks making my list of goals for the days, weeks, and months that have passed by.  Therefore, I put together a list of goals for August.  I hope that I am able to complete all of them before month's end!





*Read 2 Books (Hopefully the Library has 50 Shades Freed available soon!)
*Work Out 3x per Week
*Finalize Room Arrangements for 2013 Hawaii Trip
*Visit Grandma at New Home 2x
*Make Homemade Chicken Parmesan
*Have at least 1 Date Night with Sean
*Put Together a Rough Blog Schedule


What are you goals for the month?  What are your plans to complete them?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This blog was originally started to document different things that we were doing in order to move towards early retirement.  That was years ago before we decided to have our Sweet B.  We planned to work, travel a little, and budget so we could retire and spend the rest of our lives doing whatever we wanted....  Life had other plans, and we now have the best gift of our lives - along with all of the expenses that come with having a child, as well as the want to not work as much so we could spend more time with her. Even with these new diversions, the goal remains - Retire Early, and Enjoy Life.  We have seen so many friends and family that are working into their later years, or who have too little money to actually enjoy their retirement, and even worse - those that never made it to their later years with the chance to retire and relax. Every year we give ourselves a large goal - one that is just enough of out reach to make us stretch for it, but realistic eno...

Happy Mother's Day

This will be another fun holiday to celebrate, in quarantine. Luckily, things are starting to loosen up around our area so we are able to spend quality time with some of the family that we normally celebrate with, I was gifted a beautiful cart that we have had for close to 10 years sitting in our backyard.  My husband refurnished and repurposed it into a garden area for me so that I can enjoy my plants, without rabbits eating them, and without having to bend over to weed them and take care of them.  I also get the bonus of it having wheels, so when it decides that it is going to snow in the middle of May, I can just wheel it into the garage! This afternoon B decided to decorate the side of it with chalk, telling me how much she loves me, and that I am the best Mommy.  I planted tomatoes, mint, rosemary, kale and cucumbers.  Let's see how much of a green thumb I actually have! I was also given some lavender plants, as I have fell in love with lavender ove...

Bicycles

Over the past couple of weeks I have been very interested in Bicycles. Not the ones you ride, even though I have been going on more bike rides then usual as well, but the  decorative bicycles.  I have picked out some that I like for decoration on my porch, I have found note cards that have cute bicycles on them, and then yesterday for my birthday I received a card with an adorable bicycle filled with flowers, followed by an online picture that I was tagged in that read "Life is a Beautiful Ride" I kept thinking about how interesting it was that this kept coming up in my life, and so this morning I googled what a bicycle symbolizes.   According to  We Know Your Dreams  " Seeing a bicycle is a hint that you will reach somewhere."  It is a symbols of moving, going forward, and heading towards your future.  To me this means that I should start planning for my future, and deciding what I want my next step to be.  I have been thinking abo...