Skip to main content

December Goal Update!

For only being 6 days into the month I have completed quite a few things off of my bucket list, as well as a lot of things off of my regular to-do list, and some things I didn't even plan.  

My favorite trip to make every year (how did I forget it on my bucket list) is to the Wildwood Manor House for a Holiday tour!  I even had some wonderful people join me, and we signed up to decorate a room of our own next year!




1.  Read 4 Holiday Themed Books (2 books started!)
2.  Send Out Holiday Cards to Friends & Family, by 12/5 (My last order was finally delivered to me yesterday, so they were all in the mail this morning!)
3.  Take a Family Picture, Including the Entire Litter (We took one last night, but I think I want another one complete with santa hats and princess crowns this weekend!)
4.  Bake Christmas Cookies (We made cookies last night with a wonderful helper!  Check out the pictures below....)


She LOVED the sprinkles!!!


They were very focused... this is intense work!




5.  Create a Rice Krispy Train (Everything for this is purchased, just not put together yet)
6.  Holiday Decor Up, by 12/5 (My amazing husband finished this up while I was at work on Wednesday, what a wonderful treat to come home to!)


7.  All Gifts Purchased/Made, by 12/9 (We only have 1 more person to shop for, and I am so thankful to be away from the malls and the stores so early in the month)
8.  All Gifts Wrapped & Separated by Families, by 12/16
9.  Host Family Dinner for In-Laws, 12/23
10. Visit The Lights at The Toledo Zoo
11. Adopt a Family in Need for Christmas (The family was adopted, shopping is done, and we are dropping everything off on Monday for their Holiday Celebration)
12. Enjoy Hot Chocolate at least Once a Week (Of course I have already enjoyed Hot Chocolate twice this week... but that doesn't mean I will take a week off)
13. Take Treats to Neighbors with Thank You Notes
14. Watch 2 Christmas Movies
15. Host Holiday Party for my Work Team





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

This will be another fun holiday to celebrate, in quarantine. Luckily, things are starting to loosen up around our area so we are able to spend quality time with some of the family that we normally celebrate with, I was gifted a beautiful cart that we have had for close to 10 years sitting in our backyard.  My husband refurnished and repurposed it into a garden area for me so that I can enjoy my plants, without rabbits eating them, and without having to bend over to weed them and take care of them.  I also get the bonus of it having wheels, so when it decides that it is going to snow in the middle of May, I can just wheel it into the garage! This afternoon B decided to decorate the side of it with chalk, telling me how much she loves me, and that I am the best Mommy.  I planted tomatoes, mint, rosemary, kale and cucumbers.  Let's see how much of a green thumb I actually have! I was also given some lavender plants, as I have fell in love with lavender ove...
This blog was originally started to document different things that we were doing in order to move towards early retirement.  That was years ago before we decided to have our Sweet B.  We planned to work, travel a little, and budget so we could retire and spend the rest of our lives doing whatever we wanted....  Life had other plans, and we now have the best gift of our lives - along with all of the expenses that come with having a child, as well as the want to not work as much so we could spend more time with her. Even with these new diversions, the goal remains - Retire Early, and Enjoy Life.  We have seen so many friends and family that are working into their later years, or who have too little money to actually enjoy their retirement, and even worse - those that never made it to their later years with the chance to retire and relax. Every year we give ourselves a large goal - one that is just enough of out reach to make us stretch for it, but realistic eno...

A Week of Golf

In 2017 my team was tasked with exciting job of catering to the LPGA Marathon Classic for their week long golf tournament here in town.  We had less then 4 months to prepare, and we had never done anything on such a large scale before.  It was both exhilarating and terrifying, especially for an Enneagram 6 like me.  We are loyal and committed, but our biggest needs are security, and we fear not having the support and guidance needed.  What a way to walk into a task like this.   I was suddenly tasked with finding organizations to fill close to 200 shifts for concession stands, as well as around 75 employees to help me make this event a reality.  It took a lot of time, planning, questions, stress, and a roller coaster of emotions, but we did it!  It was amazing the feeling that you have after you accomplish something like that. Since then we have continued to receive this job each July, and each year has gotten a little easier.  We have ha...