Skip to main content

Learning about Catering, and Myself!

Last week I was in Las Vegas, attending CaterSource Catering Convention.

I learned so many things about myself, my work, and the people that I am surrounded by.  Some good and some bad, but all have helped me to realize more of what I want for my life.

Over the last year I have realized how important it is to take the time to make these realizations.  I need to know the my strengths so I can keep them going.  I need to know my weaknesses so that I can work them.  I also need to know my goals.  Even if they are ever-changing goals, I still need to know them.  If I am walking through my days just hoping for the best then I never know if I get anywhere.

I have realized that as much as I used to love doing surveys that I have now found them to tedious.  I would much rather be part of focus groups and interviews.  Not only do they make more money for my time investment, but they also do not take constant attention, whether it be daily or weekly.

Last week also made me realize how much I love to write for my blog, but I just don't feel that I have anything "news worthy" to say on a regular basis.  For 4 days I posted on my business blog, www.letstalk-events.com, and I loved it.  You can check out the posts and even search them based on who wrote each post (you can even read my writing when you look at Ed & Mark's posts).

I plan to embrace life more and give you a look into the every day life, even if it is not extremely special at any given day.  It is still a blessing just to be given another day to enjoy life and health.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This blog was originally started to document different things that we were doing in order to move towards early retirement.  That was years ago before we decided to have our Sweet B.  We planned to work, travel a little, and budget so we could retire and spend the rest of our lives doing whatever we wanted....  Life had other plans, and we now have the best gift of our lives - along with all of the expenses that come with having a child, as well as the want to not work as much so we could spend more time with her. Even with these new diversions, the goal remains - Retire Early, and Enjoy Life.  We have seen so many friends and family that are working into their later years, or who have too little money to actually enjoy their retirement, and even worse - those that never made it to their later years with the chance to retire and relax. Every year we give ourselves a large goal - one that is just enough of out reach to make us stretch for it, but realistic eno...

Bicycles

Over the past couple of weeks I have been very interested in Bicycles. Not the ones you ride, even though I have been going on more bike rides then usual as well, but the  decorative bicycles.  I have picked out some that I like for decoration on my porch, I have found note cards that have cute bicycles on them, and then yesterday for my birthday I received a card with an adorable bicycle filled with flowers, followed by an online picture that I was tagged in that read "Life is a Beautiful Ride" I kept thinking about how interesting it was that this kept coming up in my life, and so this morning I googled what a bicycle symbolizes.   According to  We Know Your Dreams  " Seeing a bicycle is a hint that you will reach somewhere."  It is a symbols of moving, going forward, and heading towards your future.  To me this means that I should start planning for my future, and deciding what I want my next step to be.  I have been thinking abo...

Happy Mother's Day

This will be another fun holiday to celebrate, in quarantine. Luckily, things are starting to loosen up around our area so we are able to spend quality time with some of the family that we normally celebrate with, I was gifted a beautiful cart that we have had for close to 10 years sitting in our backyard.  My husband refurnished and repurposed it into a garden area for me so that I can enjoy my plants, without rabbits eating them, and without having to bend over to weed them and take care of them.  I also get the bonus of it having wheels, so when it decides that it is going to snow in the middle of May, I can just wheel it into the garage! This afternoon B decided to decorate the side of it with chalk, telling me how much she loves me, and that I am the best Mommy.  I planted tomatoes, mint, rosemary, kale and cucumbers.  Let's see how much of a green thumb I actually have! I was also given some lavender plants, as I have fell in love with lavender ove...