Skip to main content

Hello August!

I continuously make a commitment to myself to work on this blog... and I continuously fail to follow through.  Does anyone else have problems keeping promises to themselves?

Now, here I sit at 11 p.m., on August 1st, writing a post.  Earlier this week I told myself (yet again) that I need to make my blog, and myself a priority, and yet I never took the time to sit down and write until I was ready to crawl into bed.  I forced myself to turn my computer back on and KEEP MY PROMISE TO MYSELF!

So, here we are.  The beginning of another month.  Another opportunity for each of us to create our goals, organize our thoughts, and get back on track.  I find that every month on the First, I get to re-group, and realize where I stopped, and think about which parts of life I actually want to start up again.

This month, I am going to remember to make time for myself.  



It has been quite the year so far, for everyone, and so why not just take some time for yourself.  Maybe you have been working so hard that you forget to make time for yourself.  Or maybe you haven't been working at all and you have let yourself get sucked into time consuming activities that are not life filling.  Take this as another chance to think about what is important.

August marks the beginning of a busy season in my life.  My job is starting to pick up with some business, after not hosting events in close to 5 months.  My daughter is getting ready to go back to school, in whatever capacity is decided upon.  Dance, tumbling, and gymnastics will begin in just a few weeks.  I have been trying to work more on my company, so that it is creating additional income for our family.  So, now is a great time to take time to remember what is important, and put it first on my list.  Organize my life based on my priorities, and not just on what is most pressing.

My priorities for August:
*Family Time, especially at the Lake while it is warm.
*Reading with my daughter, as I want her to start school with her best foot forward.
*Blogging, as I really want to share the story of our family, and hopefully help others around us.
*My business, so that it can continue the momentum and have a chance to grow.

That's it.  Those will be my main focus points.
If you put too much on your plate, then you lose focus, so these are where I will start.

Of course there are other projects, and responsibilities that I have going on, but I am going to take a look at my calendar and put time blocks in for each of these activities, and not break the promise to myself.  I will not cancel a date that I made with myself or my family, just because the phone rings.

What are your priorities for August?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

This will be another fun holiday to celebrate, in quarantine. Luckily, things are starting to loosen up around our area so we are able to spend quality time with some of the family that we normally celebrate with, I was gifted a beautiful cart that we have had for close to 10 years sitting in our backyard.  My husband refurnished and repurposed it into a garden area for me so that I can enjoy my plants, without rabbits eating them, and without having to bend over to weed them and take care of them.  I also get the bonus of it having wheels, so when it decides that it is going to snow in the middle of May, I can just wheel it into the garage! This afternoon B decided to decorate the side of it with chalk, telling me how much she loves me, and that I am the best Mommy.  I planted tomatoes, mint, rosemary, kale and cucumbers.  Let's see how much of a green thumb I actually have! I was also given some lavender plants, as I have fell in love with lavender over the last coup

December Goals, Final Update!

The end of the month (and year) are here!  So this is how I finished out the month.... Complete! -  1.  Read 4 Holiday Themed Books  Complete! - 2.  Send Out Holiday Cards to Friends & Family, by 12/5 Complete! - 3.  Take a Family Picture, Including the Entire Litter Complete! -  4.  Bake Christmas Cookies Complete! -  5.  Create a Rice Krispy Train Complete! -  6.  Holiday Decor Up, by 12/5 Complete! -  7.  All Gifts Purchased/Made,  by 12/9 Complete! -  8.  All Gifts Wrapped & Separated by Families, by 12/16 Complete! -  9.  Host Family Dinner for In-Laws, December 23rd Complete! -  10. Visit The Lights at The Toledo Zoo Complete! -  11. Adopt a Family in Need for Christmas Complete! -  12. Enjoy Hot Chocolate at least Once a Week Complete! - 13. Take Treats to Neighbors with Thank You Notes (Well I forgot the notes,                               but I did take Gingerbread Cookies! Complete! -  14. Watch 2 Christmas Movies Complete! -  15. Host Holiday Par

8 Weeks Later....

I just realized that I fell off the face of the blog world 8 weeks ago!   I was finally starting to get back on track with organizing, cleaning, and work when I just forgot how to manage my time! Over the last weeks I have made so many memories, enjoyed so much time with family and friends, and traveled to Denver, Cub Lake, Cedar Point, and back home again!  I have celebrated my 4th Wedding Anniversary to the man of my dreams as well as my grandma's 80th Birthday!  I have welcomed a great nephew (Jerry) , an amazing 2nd cousin (Brock), and a beautiful little friend (Sirena) into the world!  And last, but not least, I have decided that I am perfectly at peace with my life, no matter what comes my way. Now that July is finally behind us and August is starting anew, so are my new hopes, dreams, and goals!  I will share them as they become closer to reality, and I have a plan of action on how to handle everything. For this month I am hoping to stop in at least once a day to upda