Skip to main content

Hello August!

I continuously make a commitment to myself to work on this blog... and I continuously fail to follow through.  Does anyone else have problems keeping promises to themselves?

Now, here I sit at 11 p.m., on August 1st, writing a post.  Earlier this week I told myself (yet again) that I need to make my blog, and myself a priority, and yet I never took the time to sit down and write until I was ready to crawl into bed.  I forced myself to turn my computer back on and KEEP MY PROMISE TO MYSELF!

So, here we are.  The beginning of another month.  Another opportunity for each of us to create our goals, organize our thoughts, and get back on track.  I find that every month on the First, I get to re-group, and realize where I stopped, and think about which parts of life I actually want to start up again.

This month, I am going to remember to make time for myself.  



It has been quite the year so far, for everyone, and so why not just take some time for yourself.  Maybe you have been working so hard that you forget to make time for yourself.  Or maybe you haven't been working at all and you have let yourself get sucked into time consuming activities that are not life filling.  Take this as another chance to think about what is important.

August marks the beginning of a busy season in my life.  My job is starting to pick up with some business, after not hosting events in close to 5 months.  My daughter is getting ready to go back to school, in whatever capacity is decided upon.  Dance, tumbling, and gymnastics will begin in just a few weeks.  I have been trying to work more on my company, so that it is creating additional income for our family.  So, now is a great time to take time to remember what is important, and put it first on my list.  Organize my life based on my priorities, and not just on what is most pressing.

My priorities for August:
*Family Time, especially at the Lake while it is warm.
*Reading with my daughter, as I want her to start school with her best foot forward.
*Blogging, as I really want to share the story of our family, and hopefully help others around us.
*My business, so that it can continue the momentum and have a chance to grow.

That's it.  Those will be my main focus points.
If you put too much on your plate, then you lose focus, so these are where I will start.

Of course there are other projects, and responsibilities that I have going on, but I am going to take a look at my calendar and put time blocks in for each of these activities, and not break the promise to myself.  I will not cancel a date that I made with myself or my family, just because the phone rings.

What are your priorities for August?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This blog was originally started to document different things that we were doing in order to move towards early retirement.  That was years ago before we decided to have our Sweet B.  We planned to work, travel a little, and budget so we could retire and spend the rest of our lives doing whatever we wanted....  Life had other plans, and we now have the best gift of our lives - along with all of the expenses that come with having a child, as well as the want to not work as much so we could spend more time with her. Even with these new diversions, the goal remains - Retire Early, and Enjoy Life.  We have seen so many friends and family that are working into their later years, or who have too little money to actually enjoy their retirement, and even worse - those that never made it to their later years with the chance to retire and relax. Every year we give ourselves a large goal - one that is just enough of out reach to make us stretch for it, but realistic eno...

Happy Mother's Day

This will be another fun holiday to celebrate, in quarantine. Luckily, things are starting to loosen up around our area so we are able to spend quality time with some of the family that we normally celebrate with, I was gifted a beautiful cart that we have had for close to 10 years sitting in our backyard.  My husband refurnished and repurposed it into a garden area for me so that I can enjoy my plants, without rabbits eating them, and without having to bend over to weed them and take care of them.  I also get the bonus of it having wheels, so when it decides that it is going to snow in the middle of May, I can just wheel it into the garage! This afternoon B decided to decorate the side of it with chalk, telling me how much she loves me, and that I am the best Mommy.  I planted tomatoes, mint, rosemary, kale and cucumbers.  Let's see how much of a green thumb I actually have! I was also given some lavender plants, as I have fell in love with lavender ove...

Bicycles

Over the past couple of weeks I have been very interested in Bicycles. Not the ones you ride, even though I have been going on more bike rides then usual as well, but the  decorative bicycles.  I have picked out some that I like for decoration on my porch, I have found note cards that have cute bicycles on them, and then yesterday for my birthday I received a card with an adorable bicycle filled with flowers, followed by an online picture that I was tagged in that read "Life is a Beautiful Ride" I kept thinking about how interesting it was that this kept coming up in my life, and so this morning I googled what a bicycle symbolizes.   According to  We Know Your Dreams  " Seeing a bicycle is a hint that you will reach somewhere."  It is a symbols of moving, going forward, and heading towards your future.  To me this means that I should start planning for my future, and deciding what I want my next step to be.  I have been thinking abo...