Skip to main content

Organizing My Home...Day 5

So...I am a few days behind, but I am back on track with organizing my home!

Today I decided to finish up Day 5 of Money Saving Mom's Organization Challenge so that I can start back up tomorrow for the weekday challenges.

Here are the goals & how I did:

Day 5 Assignment

::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great {there’s something about dressing in clothes that make you feel great that just gives you more energy and zest for life! Get your free copy of SarahMae’s ebook, Frumps to Pumps, if you need more motivation in this.}
Maybe I didn't do so great with this, but I did have comfy PJs on!
I tried a new, delicious Pina Colada hot tea, and put together a list of things that I wanted to finish up today.  It's still afternoon and I am almost done!
::Complete your morning routine {if you don’t have a morning routine, take some time to create one today! Read my How to Develop a Routine That Works–And Stick With It series for step-by-step help.}
Done!  (Right after we watched a movie in bed!)
::Remove your couch cushions and clean out any crumbs, toys, or other miscellaneous items you find. Use an attachment on your vacuum to vacuum the cushions, underneath the cushions, and all crevices of your furniture. Spot clean the fabric, if needed.
Good thing this was on the list.  My couch and love seat were in desperate need of being vacuumed out!  I found crumbs, crumbs, a quarter, a cat toy, and more crumbs!  Luckily the seats are leather so they didn't need to be spot cleaned, and this only took about 15 minutes to do.
::Set the timer for at least 15 minutes and do something you really enjoy and that relaxes and rejuvenates you. If you need ideas, here are a few: read, write, call a friend, pray, exercise, bake, play with your children, laugh with your husband, stop by the bookstore and browse the book selection, work in the garden, or take a nap! Take some time to just stop and enjoy life today!
Today I took some time to watch Real Housewives of New Jersey.  It is my guilty pleasure, and I am so happy to be caught up on the drama of these Jersey girls!  I also had time to read some blogs and text some friends that I haven't talked to in a while.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This blog was originally started to document different things that we were doing in order to move towards early retirement.  That was years ago before we decided to have our Sweet B.  We planned to work, travel a little, and budget so we could retire and spend the rest of our lives doing whatever we wanted....  Life had other plans, and we now have the best gift of our lives - along with all of the expenses that come with having a child, as well as the want to not work as much so we could spend more time with her. Even with these new diversions, the goal remains - Retire Early, and Enjoy Life.  We have seen so many friends and family that are working into their later years, or who have too little money to actually enjoy their retirement, and even worse - those that never made it to their later years with the chance to retire and relax. Every year we give ourselves a large goal - one that is just enough of out reach to make us stretch for it, but realistic eno...

Bicycles

Over the past couple of weeks I have been very interested in Bicycles. Not the ones you ride, even though I have been going on more bike rides then usual as well, but the  decorative bicycles.  I have picked out some that I like for decoration on my porch, I have found note cards that have cute bicycles on them, and then yesterday for my birthday I received a card with an adorable bicycle filled with flowers, followed by an online picture that I was tagged in that read "Life is a Beautiful Ride" I kept thinking about how interesting it was that this kept coming up in my life, and so this morning I googled what a bicycle symbolizes.   According to  We Know Your Dreams  " Seeing a bicycle is a hint that you will reach somewhere."  It is a symbols of moving, going forward, and heading towards your future.  To me this means that I should start planning for my future, and deciding what I want my next step to be.  I have been thinking abo...

Happy Mother's Day

This will be another fun holiday to celebrate, in quarantine. Luckily, things are starting to loosen up around our area so we are able to spend quality time with some of the family that we normally celebrate with, I was gifted a beautiful cart that we have had for close to 10 years sitting in our backyard.  My husband refurnished and repurposed it into a garden area for me so that I can enjoy my plants, without rabbits eating them, and without having to bend over to weed them and take care of them.  I also get the bonus of it having wheels, so when it decides that it is going to snow in the middle of May, I can just wheel it into the garage! This afternoon B decided to decorate the side of it with chalk, telling me how much she loves me, and that I am the best Mommy.  I planted tomatoes, mint, rosemary, kale and cucumbers.  Let's see how much of a green thumb I actually have! I was also given some lavender plants, as I have fell in love with lavender ove...