Skip to main content

Giving Thanks, Day 14

On this lovely Wednesday I am thankful that I am able to make my own hours at work, around the events that we have going on.

I was able to go to work (at 6 a.m. again :/....) and then go home for a little while before heading back in to finish off the day, and night.

I am lucky that I was able to work around what is going on, and not have to fulfill the 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. hours that so many people have to.

Today and every day I work around what needs to be done, and not just sitting at a desk staring at the computer waiting for the clock to turn!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This blog was originally started to document different things that we were doing in order to move towards early retirement.  That was years ago before we decided to have our Sweet B.  We planned to work, travel a little, and budget so we could retire and spend the rest of our lives doing whatever we wanted....  Life had other plans, and we now have the best gift of our lives - along with all of the expenses that come with having a child, as well as the want to not work as much so we could spend more time with her. Even with these new diversions, the goal remains - Retire Early, and Enjoy Life.  We have seen so many friends and family that are working into their later years, or who have too little money to actually enjoy their retirement, and even worse - those that never made it to their later years with the chance to retire and relax. Every year we give ourselves a large goal - one that is just enough of out reach to make us stretch for it, but realistic eno...

Happy Mother's Day

This will be another fun holiday to celebrate, in quarantine. Luckily, things are starting to loosen up around our area so we are able to spend quality time with some of the family that we normally celebrate with, I was gifted a beautiful cart that we have had for close to 10 years sitting in our backyard.  My husband refurnished and repurposed it into a garden area for me so that I can enjoy my plants, without rabbits eating them, and without having to bend over to weed them and take care of them.  I also get the bonus of it having wheels, so when it decides that it is going to snow in the middle of May, I can just wheel it into the garage! This afternoon B decided to decorate the side of it with chalk, telling me how much she loves me, and that I am the best Mommy.  I planted tomatoes, mint, rosemary, kale and cucumbers.  Let's see how much of a green thumb I actually have! I was also given some lavender plants, as I have fell in love with lavender ove...

Caramel Apple Pie

While my 1st attempt at making Apple Pie was not a full failure, it was not the prettiest site, as all of the edges were burnt...completely black. I made another pie yesterday, which I covered with foil while baking, and had a great turnout!  We even started eating it before I remember to take a picture, so here it is partially eaten! I used a frozen pie crust and filled it with the apple mixture (recipe below) and then covered with a Pillsburry Rolled Pie Crust that I cut into pieces and created a lattice pie topper.  I then drizzled caramel on top while the pie was still warm so that it would soak in.  The finished project...delicious!  Even my husband (a pie snob) loved it. Apple Mixture (Recipe from Pillsbury) 6 Cups Thinly Sliced, Peeled Apples 3/4 Cup Sugar 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon 1/4 Teaspoon Salt 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice Mix All Ingredients Together and Spoon Into Pie Crust, Cove...