Skip to main content

Time Flies....

....When You Don't Pay Attention!

It's hard to realize just how fast time goes when we are just focusing on getting things done and checking something off our to-do list.
This works great when it has been a long week at work and we just want to get out of there and enjoy some time for us and our family.  On the other hand we need to remember to focus on the here and now and remember to enjoy things, even if our to-do list doesn't get done.

I visited with Sean's family last weekend for the annual family reunion.  Sean was out of town and didn't get to enjoy, but I made an effort to go visit without him, and I am so glad that I did.  


Once we all got to talking I realized that we haven't seen his cousin since they adopted their baby girl.... 3 YEARS AGO!
Another cousin has graduated high school and works for a top rated Michigan radio station.... I'm still picturing him as a little 8th grader!

Weddings are being planned, families growing, and everyone living their lives and just trying to get by, but some how in the midst of all of that we forget to share, enjoy, laugh, and connect.

Remember to take the time to re-connect with old friends, enjoy new friends, and laugh with the friends who have never left your side.

We only get one life to live and I know that I don't want to be remember all the times I was alone or cooking or cleaning, but to remember all of the smiles, laughs, and hugs that came with the memories I plan to make in my life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This blog was originally started to document different things that we were doing in order to move towards early retirement.  That was years ago before we decided to have our Sweet B.  We planned to work, travel a little, and budget so we could retire and spend the rest of our lives doing whatever we wanted....  Life had other plans, and we now have the best gift of our lives - along with all of the expenses that come with having a child, as well as the want to not work as much so we could spend more time with her. Even with these new diversions, the goal remains - Retire Early, and Enjoy Life.  We have seen so many friends and family that are working into their later years, or who have too little money to actually enjoy their retirement, and even worse - those that never made it to their later years with the chance to retire and relax. Every year we give ourselves a large goal - one that is just enough of out reach to make us stretch for it, but realistic eno...

Ready for Autumn?!

When school starts, that means it's time for the routines to set in, new schedules and activities to begin, and best of all....the weather to cool off and Fall Fun can Begin! I love jeans, sweatshirts, boots, bonfires, apple cider, pumpkin patches, even football.  Give me anything and everything fall!  However, this heat wave does not pair well with warm doughnuts and apple cider - it just makes for bees and overheating.  The pumpkin patches aren't as fun because you don't have on jeans and boots and crisp weather to make it more fun.  The barns stink from the heat when you are trying to feed the cows and enjoy the animals around the farm. This weekend we are going to make our Fall Bucket List and wish for a little chill in a the air so we can enjoy this beautiful season of life we are given.   We will continue to make new goals, improve on our good habits, and find new ways to love each other to the fullest.

Bicycles

Over the past couple of weeks I have been very interested in Bicycles. Not the ones you ride, even though I have been going on more bike rides then usual as well, but the  decorative bicycles.  I have picked out some that I like for decoration on my porch, I have found note cards that have cute bicycles on them, and then yesterday for my birthday I received a card with an adorable bicycle filled with flowers, followed by an online picture that I was tagged in that read "Life is a Beautiful Ride" I kept thinking about how interesting it was that this kept coming up in my life, and so this morning I googled what a bicycle symbolizes.   According to  We Know Your Dreams  " Seeing a bicycle is a hint that you will reach somewhere."  It is a symbols of moving, going forward, and heading towards your future.  To me this means that I should start planning for my future, and deciding what I want my next step to be.  I have been thinking abo...