Skip to main content

No Resolutions... Only Goals!




Now that the New Year is upon us it is time to set up goals, not resolutions for the year that lies ahead.  Resolutions are empty promises with no plan behind them, but Goals.... Goals are planned, thought out, and able to be achieved.


This year I have decided to challenge myself with goals in multiple different areas of my life... including in the kitchen!  I am planning on trying a new recipe, and baking something (FROM SCRATCH!) each month in 2012.  *My husband hasn't decided if he will try them all or not, but hopefully they are not complete failures and he enjoys eating them as much as I enjoy trying to make them.


I have also made goals in the financials areas of my life with plans to follow the Dave Ramsey plan and paying off all debt and begin working on our mortgage with "gazelle intensity".  We have also laid out an updated Budget and I plan to strictly stick to this, allowing us more money to put on our debt.


Health is another area that I have made goals in.  I plan to get into better shape, run a 5k (following the Couch to 5k plan), and eat healthier, including eating vegetarian meals for at least 1 week every 3 months.  I am also drinking more water, as well as green tea on a regular basis in order to help accomplish the goals I have created.


Adding reading back to my life is another area of my goals.  I plan to read at least one book every month.  I have already finished my book for January, as well as listened to an audio book!  I just have to keep up with this pace and I will accomplish this goal with ease!


My biggest goal of the year is to continue to plan and discipline myself to set goals, and work towards them on a steady basis.  Each week I am going to make a to-do list for myself so that I am able to stay on top of my planning and accomplish more then if I just woke up thinking "what should I do today".  As the saying goes...."1 minute of planning saves 10 minutes of execution".


What are some of your GOALS for 2012?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This blog was originally started to document different things that we were doing in order to move towards early retirement.  That was years ago before we decided to have our Sweet B.  We planned to work, travel a little, and budget so we could retire and spend the rest of our lives doing whatever we wanted....  Life had other plans, and we now have the best gift of our lives - along with all of the expenses that come with having a child, as well as the want to not work as much so we could spend more time with her. Even with these new diversions, the goal remains - Retire Early, and Enjoy Life.  We have seen so many friends and family that are working into their later years, or who have too little money to actually enjoy their retirement, and even worse - those that never made it to their later years with the chance to retire and relax. Every year we give ourselves a large goal - one that is just enough of out reach to make us stretch for it, but realistic eno...

Bicycles

Over the past couple of weeks I have been very interested in Bicycles. Not the ones you ride, even though I have been going on more bike rides then usual as well, but the  decorative bicycles.  I have picked out some that I like for decoration on my porch, I have found note cards that have cute bicycles on them, and then yesterday for my birthday I received a card with an adorable bicycle filled with flowers, followed by an online picture that I was tagged in that read "Life is a Beautiful Ride" I kept thinking about how interesting it was that this kept coming up in my life, and so this morning I googled what a bicycle symbolizes.   According to  We Know Your Dreams  " Seeing a bicycle is a hint that you will reach somewhere."  It is a symbols of moving, going forward, and heading towards your future.  To me this means that I should start planning for my future, and deciding what I want my next step to be.  I have been thinking abo...

Happy Mother's Day

This will be another fun holiday to celebrate, in quarantine. Luckily, things are starting to loosen up around our area so we are able to spend quality time with some of the family that we normally celebrate with, I was gifted a beautiful cart that we have had for close to 10 years sitting in our backyard.  My husband refurnished and repurposed it into a garden area for me so that I can enjoy my plants, without rabbits eating them, and without having to bend over to weed them and take care of them.  I also get the bonus of it having wheels, so when it decides that it is going to snow in the middle of May, I can just wheel it into the garage! This afternoon B decided to decorate the side of it with chalk, telling me how much she loves me, and that I am the best Mommy.  I planted tomatoes, mint, rosemary, kale and cucumbers.  Let's see how much of a green thumb I actually have! I was also given some lavender plants, as I have fell in love with lavender ove...