Skip to main content

Birthday Wishes

Today is my 35th birthday.  

There is so much to celebrate, and so much to question at the same time.  
We have been home with the "Stay at Home Order" since March 13th.  Seven weeks, going on 8 starting tomorrow.  This time has been such a blessing, but also a terrifying time for so many.  Sadly, the company I work for was shut down immediately on March 13th, and we still have no idea when we will be able to open our doors again.  We are in "Phase 3" and there has been no timeline given for when that will even begin.  

I am choosing to look at the bright side of this venture, and realize that we can find something to learn in everything that happens.  If we just let things happen and just wallow in them, then what are we going to come out with on the other side.  We have to take the time to learn, and be willing to open our eyes to know there is more then just pain and suffering in this time.  

Yes - People are sick and dying.
Yes - The economy is failing as the entire World shuts down.
Yes - We are canceling vacations, Prom, Graduation, and Weddings.
Yes - THIS IS HARD.

BUT...
So many of us have had time to spend with our children that we have been missing.
We are not rushing from School to Dance to Basketball to Work to Shopping.
We are sitting down as a family to eat dinner, read a book, play a game.
We are getting creative again - painting, putting together puzzles, coloring, re-decorating.
We have time to organize, declutter, and remind ourselves what we actually need and to love the items that we surround ourselves with daily.


I love Firsts.
1st of the Month
1st of the Year
1st Day Your Year (Birthdays)
I have been lucky enough that my birthday is on the 1st.  It means I get to take full advantage of starting My Year off right.  I get to make new goals, lay out the plan, dream of what I want the future to bring, and I get to start it off right now and not tell myself "at the beginning of next month/week/year/etc."  I just get to start.

I am not sure where 35 will take me.  There are so many unanswered questions.  So much uncertainty. So much unknown.  However, I do know that I will be taking more time for me and my family, and I will not rush back into the "normal" way that I have lived in for so long.  
I love this quote from Dave Hollis, and I plan to make sure that I use this time and grow.



Whether you have an essential job that has been working harder then ever, you are going back to work in the first phase, or you don't know if or when you will return to your job; use this time to determine what is worth your time.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This blog was originally started to document different things that we were doing in order to move towards early retirement.  That was years ago before we decided to have our Sweet B.  We planned to work, travel a little, and budget so we could retire and spend the rest of our lives doing whatever we wanted....  Life had other plans, and we now have the best gift of our lives - along with all of the expenses that come with having a child, as well as the want to not work as much so we could spend more time with her. Even with these new diversions, the goal remains - Retire Early, and Enjoy Life.  We have seen so many friends and family that are working into their later years, or who have too little money to actually enjoy their retirement, and even worse - those that never made it to their later years with the chance to retire and relax. Every year we give ourselves a large goal - one that is just enough of out reach to make us stretch for it, but realistic eno...

Bicycles

Over the past couple of weeks I have been very interested in Bicycles. Not the ones you ride, even though I have been going on more bike rides then usual as well, but the  decorative bicycles.  I have picked out some that I like for decoration on my porch, I have found note cards that have cute bicycles on them, and then yesterday for my birthday I received a card with an adorable bicycle filled with flowers, followed by an online picture that I was tagged in that read "Life is a Beautiful Ride" I kept thinking about how interesting it was that this kept coming up in my life, and so this morning I googled what a bicycle symbolizes.   According to  We Know Your Dreams  " Seeing a bicycle is a hint that you will reach somewhere."  It is a symbols of moving, going forward, and heading towards your future.  To me this means that I should start planning for my future, and deciding what I want my next step to be.  I have been thinking abo...

Happy Mother's Day

This will be another fun holiday to celebrate, in quarantine. Luckily, things are starting to loosen up around our area so we are able to spend quality time with some of the family that we normally celebrate with, I was gifted a beautiful cart that we have had for close to 10 years sitting in our backyard.  My husband refurnished and repurposed it into a garden area for me so that I can enjoy my plants, without rabbits eating them, and without having to bend over to weed them and take care of them.  I also get the bonus of it having wheels, so when it decides that it is going to snow in the middle of May, I can just wheel it into the garage! This afternoon B decided to decorate the side of it with chalk, telling me how much she loves me, and that I am the best Mommy.  I planted tomatoes, mint, rosemary, kale and cucumbers.  Let's see how much of a green thumb I actually have! I was also given some lavender plants, as I have fell in love with lavender ove...