Skip to main content

Small Celebrations

Did you celebrate Cinco de Mayo yesterday?  If so, awesome!  We did too!  
If not, WHY NOT?!?!
I don't drink anymore, but I can still celebrate.
We didn't get to go anywhere, but we can still celebrate.

Take every chance that you get right now to celebrate.  When life is a little "off" and things aren't as easy as they used to be, then we need to look for joy.  We need to find these reasons to celebrate, and as often as we can.
Last night we ate Fajitas - chicken and beef - with guacamole, salsa, and all the toppings.  We drew our best verision of a Mariachi singer, and we sat together as a family.  
Nothing over the top, nothing miraculous, but we laughed.  We smiled. We celebrated.

What is something that you can celebrate today.

The sunshine?  Getting a workout in?  Getting 10 workouts in a row done?  Not yelling at your child?  Even better.... your child doing their homework without you having to yell at them to finish it?!
Seriously, just celebrate!  Celebrate with some sparking water, a bottle of sparkling cider, or bake a cake just because you can!



We all have a choice on how our attitude is going to affect our life.  Are you going to choose to be happy, or choose to let the joy run low and be a grouch?

Please, choose JOY!  And then, tell me what you celebrated today!  I would love to hear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This blog was originally started to document different things that we were doing in order to move towards early retirement.  That was years ago before we decided to have our Sweet B.  We planned to work, travel a little, and budget so we could retire and spend the rest of our lives doing whatever we wanted....  Life had other plans, and we now have the best gift of our lives - along with all of the expenses that come with having a child, as well as the want to not work as much so we could spend more time with her. Even with these new diversions, the goal remains - Retire Early, and Enjoy Life.  We have seen so many friends and family that are working into their later years, or who have too little money to actually enjoy their retirement, and even worse - those that never made it to their later years with the chance to retire and relax. Every year we give ourselves a large goal - one that is just enough of out reach to make us stretch for it, but realistic eno...

Bicycles

Over the past couple of weeks I have been very interested in Bicycles. Not the ones you ride, even though I have been going on more bike rides then usual as well, but the  decorative bicycles.  I have picked out some that I like for decoration on my porch, I have found note cards that have cute bicycles on them, and then yesterday for my birthday I received a card with an adorable bicycle filled with flowers, followed by an online picture that I was tagged in that read "Life is a Beautiful Ride" I kept thinking about how interesting it was that this kept coming up in my life, and so this morning I googled what a bicycle symbolizes.   According to  We Know Your Dreams  " Seeing a bicycle is a hint that you will reach somewhere."  It is a symbols of moving, going forward, and heading towards your future.  To me this means that I should start planning for my future, and deciding what I want my next step to be.  I have been thinking abo...

Happy Mother's Day

This will be another fun holiday to celebrate, in quarantine. Luckily, things are starting to loosen up around our area so we are able to spend quality time with some of the family that we normally celebrate with, I was gifted a beautiful cart that we have had for close to 10 years sitting in our backyard.  My husband refurnished and repurposed it into a garden area for me so that I can enjoy my plants, without rabbits eating them, and without having to bend over to weed them and take care of them.  I also get the bonus of it having wheels, so when it decides that it is going to snow in the middle of May, I can just wheel it into the garage! This afternoon B decided to decorate the side of it with chalk, telling me how much she loves me, and that I am the best Mommy.  I planted tomatoes, mint, rosemary, kale and cucumbers.  Let's see how much of a green thumb I actually have! I was also given some lavender plants, as I have fell in love with lavender ove...